Adaptive gives $5,000 grant every quarter.
Every quarter, Adaptive Biotechnologies will select an applicant for our “Young Investigator Award” to receive $5,000 to use for sequencing. Click for qualifications and help with proposal »
Applications due July 31.
- Applicants must be postdoctoral fellows, within 3 years after receipt of their first doctoral degree, with an appointment at a qualifying university.
- Each postdoctoral fellow applying must have an MD, PhD. or equivalent advanced degree and be enrolled with the laboratory of a senior researcher who will serve as the applicant’s mentor.
- Applications from individuals holding faculty positions will NOT be accepted.
- Exceptional pre-doctoral students pursuing immunology projects may also apply. (It is expected that pre-doctoral applicants will write their application independently, with only limited assistance from their mentor.)
- There are no citizenship requirements for this program. Adaptive Biotechnologies welcomes applications from all qualified individuals worldwide.
- Applicants must include a research proposal that can focus on any aspect of immunology.
- Proposals must be 1 page in length and describe a pilot study to profile either the human T cell receptor beta or gamma repertoire or the human B cell IGH repertoire.
- Proposals profiling the diversity of the mouse T cell receptor beta repertoire will also be considered.
Criteria for Evaluation
Proposals will be evaluated on the innovative use of immunoSEQ assays in the research concept, the soundness of research design, and the value of the research to the field of immunology.
- Winners will receive a $5,000 grant to use towards the purchase of immunoSEQ assays as part of their research in immunology.
- Winners agree to cite Adaptive Biotechnologies in the methods section of any resulting publication.
- Winners also agree to take part in being interviewed for our “Researcher Spotlight,” published both on our website and in our monthly newsletter.
- Winners must agree to submit data generated from their project to our public database 6 months after it has been released
- The next winner(s) will be announced in early August.
The information provided on the form above and any files transmitted are considered confidential and intended solely for the use of evaluating candidates for the Young Investigator Award. We will never release your contact or proposal information to any third-party company or organization.